Going on holidays soon? Board your cat with us
We have facilities to house your cat whilst you’re on holidays. Our boarding features:
- Boarding your pet with us, a veterinary hospital, gives you peace of mind so you can enjoy your holiday.
- Our facilities provide your pet with a design that minimises stress and allows maintenance of a high standard of hygiene.
- All boarders are provided with an 'igloo' which provides your cat with a place to feel safe and secure throughout their stay.
- All boarders are provided with a mixed wet/dry diet of our supply during their stay. This can be changed to wet or dry only if desired. You are welcome to provide your cat's own diet.
- Our nursing staff and veterinarians are fully qualified to administer medication as required by your pet.
- We provide you with a boarding summary which includes an honest appraisal of how their stay progressed: how they settled in, their demeanour throughout, their eating habits and weight upon admission and discharge. We also monitor these in detail on a daily basis and you are welcome to view the history for a more thorough view of their stay. Just ask one of our friendly nurses upon discharge.
Preparing for boarding
Before considering whether to board your pet please check their vaccination records to make sure they have been fully vaccinated within the past 12 months. If your pet is due for a booster vaccination make sure this is done well ahead of the boarding period. See below for more info.
If you have any questions we are happy to answer them at any time.
Terms & Conditions for Boarding Stays
- All boarders must be fully vaccinated with an F3 equivalent vaccination initial course completed or booster administered at least 3 weeks prior to boarding (4 weeks preferred). This is for the safety of both your pet and other pets in boarding. For new clients or those who do not have their vaccinations carried out with us, a vaccination certificate is required.
Note: This is especially important in light of the panlucopaedia outbreak that started at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017.
- A 50% deposit is payable upon admission during regular periods.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is payable at time of booking for holiday periods (long weekends, Christmas, Easter etc). This is to ensure we can cater to all our clients during their time of boarding need as we book out often in peak periods.
- Surcharge applies on pubic holidays.
- Surcharge applies for medication and monitoring if requested.
- Boarding days are calculated on a per calendar basis due to feeding, cage care etc.
- Any treatment requested while boarding is payable on admission.
- Any veterinary care costs incurred (due to ill health, to stimulate appetite/toileting, or flea/worming treatment if necessary) is payable upon discharge.
- Litter used is recycled paper pellets. Regrettably we cannot cater to other types of litter.
- Exceptionally aggressive cats unfortunately cannot be accepted due to Work Health & Safety.