Level 4 Veterinary NurseS
Full Time & Part Time Position
We are seeking two professional, experienced and qualified level 4 veterinary nurses with great customer service skills, able to work independently. Positions offered are one full time and one part time (2 x 6-8 hour week days per week).
Key job functions
- Reception duties
- Admit and discharge patients
- Client management and billing with Cornerstone practice management software
- Monitor and care for patients including pre and post-operative care
- Anaesthetic monitoring
- Surgery / dental preparation and assistance
- X-ray assistance
- Nursing-level client advice
- Hospital cleaning
- Other general nursing duties
Successful candidate qualities
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Level 3 or Level 4 veterinary nurse
- Enjoy working in a team environment with mutual respect for all
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills for all client-facing activities
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to multitask while still performing tasks to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to travel to both Bankstown & Peakhurst hospitals
- Interest in learning
- Our veterinary team values nurses being able to utilise their full set of skills including placement of IV catheters, running Idexx laboratory equipment etc.
- Role is split between Bankstown and Peakhurst hospitals.
- Hours are rostered, primarily across weekdays with some scheduled weekend work from time to time.
- Our nursing hours are distributed between our team via a roster 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, 8:30am-12:30pm Sat and 9am-1pm Sun with some overtime required from time to time.
- We plan to interview candidates in January or earlier and hope to start successful applicants in February.
- We are a practice of two well established small animal veterinary hospitals in Bankstown and Peakhurst in operation for 69 and 22 years respectively.
- We seek to offer the best veterinary care to our community and in particular value a friendly and rewarding workplace for all team members.
- Our team includes multiple vets, practice manager, head nurse, nurses and weekend kennel hand.
- Our management team is young and full of enthusiasm for what we do.
- We seek to nurture our team to achieve everyone’s individual goals and those of the practice. We aim to foster a culture of support and allow our team members to grow their skills, experience and the team’s cohesion by supporting each other.
- We are fully equipped with Idexx VetLab, IM3 dental, digital x-ray and full surgical facilities
We are looking to have success candidates start in February, 2018.
Please send resumes to
Chris Gallen, Practice & Business Manager
Ph: 9790 1101
Further info about us